Our Mission is to provide Biblically based, Christ-centered counseling to people locally, across the country, and around the world.
Statement of Faith
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. For purposes of Donaldson Christian Counseling’s (hereafter DCC) faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline. Our President and Executive Board of Directors are DCC’s final interpretive authority on the Biblical standards by which our ministry services are conducted.
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12: 28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of DCC.
- We believe all DCC counselors are ordained by God to provide Biblically based, Christ centered counsel to those who seek the same (2 Corinthians 5:20). Therefore, the DCC board commissions each counselor, through adherence to our policies and practices, code of ethics, statement of faith, and in ordination fellowship through the National Association of Christian Ministers.
- We believe the gospel of Jesus Christ teaches that we love one another, forgive one another, and that we share one another’s burdens (1 John 4:12; Jude 1:22-24).
- We Believe the Bible is the inerrant, inspired word of God; provided to the people of this world for doctrine, for correction, for reproof, and for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe man possesses a sin nature, and as a result he has fallen out of fellowship with God. We are therefore saved, restored back to God, by Grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, not by our own works or morals (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe the Bible provides the necessary instruction for our daily lives and that God has provided it as a resource by which we can overcome any problem or situation (Luke 4:4).
- We believe God has by design established man with a body, soul, and spirit and all three areas need to be considered when dealing with the difficult issues of life (I Thessalonians 5:23).
- We believe there exists external, evil spiritual influences affecting mankind and interacting within the affairs of man (Ephesians 6:10-14).
- We believe the Biblical counseling services of this ministry must include prayer and the sharing of Biblical text. Therefore, all ministry services of DCC are herein defined as Christian worship (I Timothy: 4:6).
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Genesis 1:26; Psalms 139.)
- We believe all Biblical counseling activities of this ministry must be conducted in accordance with God’s word and not according to secular philosophies and doctrines of humanistic sciences (Colossians 2:8). Therefore, DCC ministry is not a secular psychological, psychiatric or mental health care facility and we claim no affiliation to State licensure.
- We believe those people who come to us for Biblical counseling and assistance do so fully aware that our ministry is based on the word of God and its power to restore and heal lives (Acts 3:18-21).
- We believe God’s word clearly defines the term “marriage” as the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25).
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of DCC as a part of the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the DCC clients, supporters, and the community. It is imperative that all persons employed by DCC in any capacity or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
- We believe God created humans to be male or female, in His image and for His glory. Each distinct gender perfectly displays His plan for our society (1 Corinthians 7:2) and procreation (Genesis 1-26-27).
- We believe that final authority for matters of belief and conduct for DCC, as it applies to all ministry worship services is the Holy Bible itself (Psalms 119:160). As the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, the Holy Bible is the sole and final source of all that we believe (1 Corinthians 2:13).
- We believe that Jesus Christ will one day return to reclaim His church and those who believe in Him, until that day we will continue to minister in His name to all who have need and desire help (Mark 9:41).
It is directed by this board for this Statement of Faith to be made available to all DCC clients prior to participation within our counseling ministry. The board defines ‘made available’ as being prominently displayed publically on the DCC website, and within all DCC office lobby locations. Copies are to be provided to all clients, volunteers, and supporters upon request.
The board further directs that a copy of the Statement of Faith is to be attached to all new client Personal Data Inventory (PDI) forms and all clients are expected to read and accept this Statement of Faith as a preexisting condition of their participation in DCC counseling. Clients will personally initial within the PDI Release of Liability declaration page;
I have received and/or read a copy of the DCC Statement of Faith prior to participation in the counseling program. I understand and accept this Statement of Faith as the basis from which counseling is provided.
The public display of the DCC Statement of Faith is ordered by the board as evidence of a good faith effort and to educate and inform all clients, volunteers, employees, contractors, and supporters of the beliefs and mission of DCC prior to their participation within our ministry programs, and as a condition of their participation, and prior to supporting the ministry in any fashion including, but not limited to; donations, volunteering, program participation, and public promotions.
Reviewed, Discussed, and Adopted in whole this the Eighteenth day of August, in the year 2015 by a unanimous vote of the Executive Board of Directors for Donaldson Christian Counseling, Inc.
2015-2016 DCC Board of Directors
Dr. Tim Trillet, Chairman
David R. Donaldson, Ph.D., President
Randy Swindle Secretary
Wesley Edwards Officer